Now that summer is here, it's time to put down the self-tanning products and go outside. There's nothing quite like the sun-kissed glow achieved from the summertime sun. If you've spent all winter slathering on sunless tanner, however, you may…
5 Tips to Grow Your Spray Tanning Business
Like all businesses, tanning services rely on advertising to find new leads and keep clients happy and coming back. With so much competition from other salons and spas, even the best tanning businesses need to promote their services daily to turn a profit. The good news is that you don’t need to head back to school to learn how to get the most out of advertising. Whether you already run an established mobile spray tan service or are about to open a new brick-and-mortar salon, following the creative marketing tips below can help you expand your business in any area.
- Get professional business cards. You want to make it easy for your clients to come back or tell their friends about your service, and giving out business cards is a great way to do just that. Since you never know when you might run into someone who is interested in spray tanning, carry a few extra cards in your wallet.
- Use branded materials. Putting your name on appointment cards, bags and small gifts can help you increase brand awareness. If you have a mobile spray tan business, call your supplier to find out if you can buy marketing materials or get them for free as part of a starter pack. Most well-known suppliers are more than happy to provide their commercial clients with professional marketing products like consultation cards, posters and brochures.
- Run special promotions. While giving discounts does temporarily reduce profit margins on single tans, it can actually help you earn more money in the long run by bringing in new clients who can then turn into repeat customers. From offering a price reduction on specific days of the week to handing out dated coupons and giving free tans to loyal clients, offering small discounts can make a big difference in your bottom line. Just be careful not to overdo it by running specials too often, or your clients won’t see the value in paying full price.
- Create a professional website. Most people now use the Internet to find local tanning salons, so you can miss out on a lot of new business if you don’t have a website. To keep your readers interested, create a blog with tanning advice or more information about your business.
- Build your online presence with social media. Now that social networking is all about sharing videos and photographs, it can be the perfect medium for advertising your mobile spray tan business or tanning salon. To make your promotions look effortless, encourage your clients to share pictures of their spray tans on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. For more exposure, offer free tans to clients who get the most feedback on their pictures.